A REAL TREAT TO THE EYE AND THE SENSES. Super soft and feels good on so many levels...
All our products are artisan inspired but this one is all handcrafted by artisans with a special story.
Hand-woven by skilled indigenous women artisans, this unique luxurious silk is considered compassionate, as silk worms survive the process, unlike in conventional silks. Artisans hand spin cocoons left behind by moth into thread, then weave fabric on traditional bamboo looms.
This table runner with fringe (doubles up as a scarf just as well!) is supporting sustainably produced fair trade production and benefits woman artisans in India.
Did you know? Legend has it that the Chinese discoverd silk by a cocoon accidently dropping into the Emperor's tea and unraveling in the hot water??
Size: 14 x 72 inch
Matching throw and pillows available. See Shop Sustainable section!
By buying these products you are HELPING TO 'DESIGN WITH THE OTHER 90%'
90% of the world's goods are designed for the richest 10%. We think we should address this balance and 'HELP THE OTHER 90%'. ARE YOU JOINING US?